The changelog history of Twando is detailed below. Twando was first released in 2012 so has been downloaded and improved for over 6 years.
- Improved error reporting for issues with Curl; script now checks for Curl during install and reports readable Curl errors if they occur.
- Changed default API timeouts to reduce issues with image/video posting.
- Other various tweaks and fixes.
- Due to Twitter increasing the number of IP bans for API usage, improved error reporting throughout the script to help diagnose this.
- The above also required some updates to the Twitteroauth module.
- Added timezone option to the config file to override the default set by the server if necessary.
- Adjusted MySQL table creation to better support environments where strict mode is enabled.
- Other various tweaks and fixes.
- Small fix on cron tweet script to prevent time creeping.
- Fixed new MySQL error reporting to prevent false errors when running install tables for an upgrade.
- A few other minor tweaks.
- Much requested 'User lookup' feature under 'Search to Follow'; you can now follow users following or followed by a particular account and also any members of lists owned by any account.
- Additional Oauth stage and MySQL error reporting to capture hosting issues which can prevent new account authorisations.
- Improved auto follow back timings; Twando now captures Twitter 161 errors and implements random time pauses accordingly.
- Further improvements to follow cron job reporting.
- New slow mass following option for search to follow and follow exclusion follow pages (see manual for more information).
- Additional search options when searching for users by last tweet.
- New cache explorer functionality to instantly see non-mutual followers and more (see manual for more information).
- Improved cron job error reporting.
- Other small bug fixes.
- Small bug with auto follow settings fixed (thanks to Kaan Dogan for reporting).
- Various language file tweaks.
- Some redundant CSS removed.
- Major new release; complete code rewrite.
- New responsive layout.
- Media library functionality to allow image and video posting.
- Recurring tweet functionality.
- Tweet content engine to allow random word insertion into any tweet.
- Significant user cache changes and new cache explorer functionality.
- Improved error reporting.
- Timed automatic deletions for follow/unfollow exclusions.
- Any many, many more changes besides.
- Minor bug fixes for new installs.
- Missed issue with redirect and callback scripts for new TwitterOauth fixed.
- MySQLi support enabled now by default.
- Upgraded to latest version of TwitterOauth.
- Various performance improvements to better handle newer Twitter accounts.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Minor release with a few bug fixes.
- Fixed PHP 5.4 issue with base link detection script.
- Fixed SSL detection issue for those running PHP on Windows systems.
- Fixed redirect_by_id issue due to Twitter removing support for this.
- Removed htaccess file from package as seemed to cause more issues for users than it fixed.
- Fixed issue with scheduled tweet editing not working in Firefox (thanks to Erik de Vries for reporting).
- Fixed issue with non-standard characters not displaying correctly in scheduled tweets and tweet logs (thanks to Lucy Zamiatina for reporting).
- Switched from jQuery seraizeArray() method to serialize() to improve performance.
- Altered MySQL class to try and reconnect if connection lost due to inadequate MySQL config (2006 server gone away errors etc).
- Major changes due to Twitter API 1.1 implementation (thanks to Okolie Raymond for first reporting).
- Cron follow script changed to support new rate limits and dual throttle limits for friends and followers listing (previously shared rate limit for both).
- Search by tweet user searching fixed for API 1.1 (1.0 method deprecated).
- Because of the huge (and confusing) number of different rate limits with the Twitter API 1.1, the rate limit reporting on the index page has been removed.
- Fixed bug with adding Follow & Unfollow exclusions in some browsers (Several people reported this, thanks).
- Other minor code improvements.
- MySQL functions abstracted for future switch to MySQLi.
- Changed cron jobs to output complete MySQL errors for debugging; some not-so-great hosts seem to struggle with the cron jobs.
- Minor fix to cron_tweet.php state logging.
- Added option on cron instructions page to reset cron states if cron processes interrupted.
- Added error message to follow/unfollow exclusions page for if Twitter API is having issues.